Thursday, January 13, 2011

Assignment #1 - Doodlings

Last month, while I was developing several cartoon drawings to add into my college admissions portfolio, I found myself going back to old sketchbook doodles and using those ideas to create more refined characters, and then putting them into brief snippets of narrative where they were able to interact with one another.  If you're interested, the results of that can be seen at my other blog, here:  http://concreterabbit.blogspot.com/2011/01/cartoon-book-scans.html

When I began this first assignment, I decided I wanted to try creating some brand new characters, in addition to the possibility of further exploring characters I had already began building in December.  Below are a few collages of my favorite doodlings from this week:



And this one's from December, but I feel like I should post it here for the sake of further context, since it includes a couple of the characters I might like to work with...
Though I honestly have a little bit of trouble reproducing that tree character, correctly.  I still have to find out what makes him work.

I have every intention to continue these doodles over the weekend, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment